21/12/2015

My Holy Grail Mascara?

It's definitely not easy to find a vegan mascara that will tick all the boxes and believe you me I have tried many of them as my eyelashes are very thin, short and pale which makes my eyes look like they are pretty naked!!!

Yes... I'm one of those very unfortunate girls and nothing can be done to be honest.

I have tried the alternatives before, like henna but the results where very poor so then I tried the lash extensions (be careful if you want to have it done as there is many salons out there that use mink lashes!) the process was very unpleasant in my case and they only lasted for about 3 weeks (they also fall out and it looks silly when there is a gap between them).  The false eyelashes are way to much hassle to put on on the daily basis so all my options have finished at that.

As you can see below I have a small selection of mascaras starting from a very cheap ones from Essence and ending on a quite expensive one from Too Faced. 

photo by Sandra Bossowska

Let's start from the cheapest ones shall we? 

photo by Sandra Bossowska

Fift Place: Essence, Multi Action Mascara is definitely one of the worst out of them all as it does nothing to my eyelashes... and I mean NOTHING. I can barely see it even when I apply couple of layer so it was definitely a waste of money (I think it was discontinued... well I won't cry :)

photo by Sandra Bossowska
Fourth Place: Essence, Get Big Lashes Mascara is not that bad actually. It does give my lashes length, thickness and it is honestly very black but... the fiber brush is so big that NOT once I have managed to put the mascara on and not get it on my eyelids...grrrr...every time! It also clumps my eyelashes after second layer and I have to use my eyelash comb  that I got from Inglot very long time ago (it always gives me the creeps cos I imagine the spiky needles going tru my eyeballs:O ) 

photo by Inglot

Third Place: Pacifica, AQUARIAN GAZE WATER-RESISTANT LONG LASH MINERAL MASCARA in Deep blue that I got for €12.95 on iHerb.com. I haven't use it yet but I want to start going to the swimming pool from January (a small new year's resolution) and I will definitely let you know if I had a positive experience or not.

You can get Pacifica makeup and beauty products from iHerb.com  

photo by Sandra Bossowska
Second Place: Lily Lolo, Natural Mascara in Black is definitely my favorite daily use mascara as it lengthens my lashes, doesn't clump, defines, gives volume and it creates an effect of naturally beautiful lashes. It dries quickly, is suitable for sensitive eyes, free from fragrances, silicons & alcohol, removes extremely easily but stay on all day without any hiccups! 

I personally love this mascara and would recommend it to anyone who prefers natural makeup products that are great quality,affordable and makes us look good and effortless :)

You can get it from Ecco Verde for €16.49.   

photo by Sandra Bossowska
The Winner: Too Faced, Better Than Sex Mascara which is definitely THE best mascara I have ever used and to be honest I only use it on special occasions as it does give my eyes that WOW factor but it is quite expensive so I'm trying to be very efficient with it :D 

Why is it so fabulous?...well the description says it all:

"Perfect brush silhouette that separates, coats and curls each lash to voluptuous perfection. One coat of the carbon black, collagen-fueled mascara formula and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled and dramatic. Three coats and achieve the most intense black, oversized, multidimensional lashes possible!"
by Debenhams

I got it from Debenhams for €28.00 ( €23.00 + €5.00 for the delivery).

photo by Sandra Bossowska
I hope this post was at least a little bit helpful to those girls who are still looking for the perfect Holy Grail Mascara and please let me know if there is a Cruelty free and Vegan mascara out there that you could recommend to me and other girls :)

P.s. I haven't tried all the vegan mascaras out on the market but I'm pretty sure that 
Better Than Sex Mascara is in the top 5 (if there is such a list)

Love,

Sandy

1 comment: